Why You Should Use KDP to Self-Publish
Using KDP to Self-Publish
Choosing a publishing platform is one of the most important task you have as a self-publishing author. The problem is, there are lot of publishing platforms choose from, and there are a lot of things to consider. Still, most people go with the Kindle Direct Publishing platform. There are some very good reasons why this is, and we will be exploring them in detail in just a moment. But for those who are not that familiar with the platform, let’s take a look at what KDP actually is.
What is Kindle Direct Publishing?
Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is a publishing platform that is set up by Amazon that gives you the ability to publish digital books for the Kindle without spending a single dime to do so. That’s right, you don’t have to pay anything to use the KDP program. In fact, Amazon will pay you royalties of up to 70 percent simply for publishing with them, and they give you tools to promote your book as well. To use KDP to publish your book, all you have to do is create an account, fill in all of the information and upload your book and book cover. You can literally publish a book in about 10 minutes using KDP. But what are the benefits of doing so?
The Benefits of Using Kindle Direct Publishing
- Your book will be listed on Amazon which is the largest digital and physical book retailer on the planet.
- You are able to come up with keywords and fill out descriptions that will allow your book to be listed for specific topics that the book covers.
- You also be able to choose categories, so that when people are looking for a very specific genre or type of book, there is a chance that yours will come up, especially in categories without much else published.
- You will be able to rise up in the search rankings due to your sales, which could mean thousands of sales in a single day if you can get enough people to buy your book all at once. People that get in the top 100 can literally earn hundreds of thousands of dollars in days or weeks.
- You will have access to the Kindle Select program which allows you to offer your book for free or at a reduced cost once every 90 days, and this can be a huge promotion for your book that can carry over to when the price changes back to normal.
- You will be able to be part of Kindle Unlimited which allows people to borrow your book that have a KU membership, and you will earn money for every single page of your book that they read.
- Your book is already converted to Kindle format, so it can be read on the most popular device for reading electronic books.
- You also have access to Amazon’s brand-new print on demand paperback capabilities and possibly be able to publish your book in hardcover in the future.
- You can earn up to 70 percent royalties on every book you sell.